(This is not a customer service rant, and google is not giving me the specific answer I'm looking for. I hope this doesn't turn into a rant thread.) Hello everyone! Context: I have YOU broadband 12 mbps connection. Up until a few days ago the speed was good on both speedtest.net (it was showing between 10-12 mbps on speedtest) as well as my visual inspection through stuff like youtube's buffering speed, etc. But for the last few days my internet seems to have really slowed down visually (youtube needs to keep buffering now every few seconds, etc). The crazy part is speedtest website shows my internet speed has increased to around 19 mbps in the last few days! I am not looking for anyone to contact at YOU broadband, etc. I will raise the complaint and do my follow ups. Question: My question is simply this - can ISP's manipulate the website speedtest.net so that it shows a higher internet speed than what they're actually providing us. And if so, is there some hack or some way for me to capture proof of this? (I still have a lot of unused GB of data left in my pack, so that's not relevant here.) Thanks!
by Aasish Mahaveer
from Put me in touch http://speedtest.net
by Aasish Mahaveer
from Put me in touch http://speedtest.net
No comments:
Post a Comment